BEFORE YOU TAKE A SUPPLEMENT
There is no requirement for supplement ingredients lists to include
- Names of chemical contaminants
- Heavy metals
- Other toxic substances found in the food.
- The National Library of Medicine’s Medline Plus medlineplus.gov (Under Drugs & Supplements) & nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginformation.html &
- The National Center for Complementary & Alternative Medicine nccam.nih.gov
- Office of Dietary Supplements dietary-supplements.info.nih.gov
- The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention cdc.gov/nutrition/everyone/basics/vitamins
- Look for drugs banned for athletes
under ‘Resources for Athletes.
- The FDA site fda.gov will tell you if a specific supplement is included in
their safety warnings
WEBSITES FOR CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Copyright © 2009 - 2013 KosherWoman.com
All rights reserved